SocialCountdown Wordpress plugin provides an easy way to integrate an existing SocialCountdown timer into a Wordpress webpage.
The plugin provides the shortcode:
To include a SocialCountdown timer on a Wordpress post, simply include the following shortcode:
where "000-000-0000000" is the id of the countdown you are embedding. The shortcode will render a widget of the referenced countdown timer complete with the background image that was defined.
For the most up-to-date information about this plugin, visit Wordpress.
- Download the plugin
- Upload 'socialcountdown_shortcode.php' to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Use the shortcode
[sc_widget timerid="<countdown unique id>"]in your Wordpress posts
- IMPORTANT: The countdown's visibility on SocialCountdown must be set to "shared" or "public" otherwise the widget won't show up.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Why does my rendered widget have a hidden number with a slight shadow to the right?
- A. Because you did not provide enough space for the widget to render its entire width. The widget needs 723 pixels.
- Q. Why is the widget not showing up?
- A. Check that you specified a valid timerid and that the visibility of the timer is set to "shared" or "public".
This shows a rendered countdown timer on a Wordpress blog.
Version 1.0 First release.